Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My CDA 1925 washing machine has a blockage. It displays an

Customer Question

My CDA 1925 washing machine has a blockage. It displays an error code 2 with the water not emptying at the end of the cycle. I’ve removed and cleaned the user serviceable coin filter but it’s still blocked. Is it possible to take apart, check for and remove blockages. I’m DIY competent.
JA: What happened just before your washer displayed this message?
Customer: It runs through the cycle as normal, then beeps and stops.
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s happened about 5 times in the 4 years we have had it but 3 of those times were in the last 6 days. Usually removing the blockage from the user serviceable filter is enough. Now there is nothing in the user serviceable filter i.e. it’s clear, but it still stops with the error message. Leading up to this in the last week, 3 blockages that I removed were from items put in the machine last year (3 parts from from breast feeding bras) and looked like they had been there for a while. So it looks like a bigger previous build up has been dislodged and settled somewhere that blocks the water flow.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation programme and would be very grateful for your understanding. The telephone service is provided automatically by the system, you only need to accept it when you need it. Unfortunately I cannot make a phone call, but if you wish - another expert could do it for you. I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry you have been confronted with this problem!

If there are blockages then it is possible that a small hose running down from the tub to the pump is blocked. It is also possible that the drain hose that goes to the drain pipe is blocked or jammed. If you have cleaned the filters at the bottom and there are no foreign bodies and the pump is rotating freely, then as mentioned above, either the hoses are not in order or the pump has become difficult to use and needs to be replaced.

Please do not hesitate to continue this topic if you have further questions. I would be very happy to help you!

With kind regards,
Erdal

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!

If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is it possible for me to dismantle the front of the machine so I can get access to investigate further? If yes how do I do this?

No, the for the site is very complicated to dismantle. You have to pull out the unit and remove the rear panel. Then you can access the pump from behind. There you can remove the pump and release the hoses.

If you pull out the unit and work on the back wall, please always switch off the power first.