JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My hotpoint oven has the sign F O 1. What does that mean? My

Customer Question

My hotpoint oven has the sign F O 1. What does that mean?
JA: Is your Hotpoint oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: My (ptpoint i electric and is 2 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was trying to start the clock to show the correct time.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have been away for some weeks and during that time the electricity must have been interrupted and I wanted the oven to show the correct time.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
First of all I’m 82 years old so I will have to look to see what model number my oven is.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 days ago.

Ok the model number should be shown around the door frame of the oven or can sometimes be found on the manual

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have found these numbers Oven Hotpoint 100144 5A3540 Hix
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have found these numbers Hotpoint 100144 T A 3540 Hix
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I think it should be Hotpoint SA 3540 HIX Hotpoint Sal Mc Hydro Clean Clean ST/ steel 100144 I can’t find anything else
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 days ago.

Many thanks it suggests the model number is ***** SA3 540 HIX then.

What happens if you turn the power off at the red isolation switch turn it back on after 5 seconds, and then turn the grill feature on does the fault show up again?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
A
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 days ago.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
At first just the numbers showed on the clock face but now it is showing FO1 or is if FOI. ?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I do not want to telephone as I will not remember what you suggested!
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can you give me some idea how long your response will be? Thank you
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 days ago.

This is not an immediate service I am afraid, it can take time for experts to respond, as they will need time to go away and look into the fault, but we do try and respond as soon as possible.

Right this suggests there is a fault with the temp sensor, if its occurring when on grill and oven.

The code is F01 which stands for Fault zero one.

Due to the nature of the fault this is not user error but a faulty components, so parts will need replaced. If you did not take out extended warranty the repair would be chargeable, I would suggest you consider a repair and protect plan such as the one here, or a repair only option such as here.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 days ago.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!