JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have a Siemens coffee machine EQ7Plus, bought in the

Customer Question

We have a Siemens coffee machine EQ7Plus, bought in the Netherlands. We had it serviced some three, four months ago, also in the Netherlands, after some problems with the button which allows you to make a choice . And it was working very well again. But now some problems arise again. The display shows all the time when we want to make a nice coffee, ‘refill bean container’ while it is filled entirely. I already shut off the electricity supply and restarted the machine, but the same message appears again. And no macchiato is produced. What do we have to do? Up till now the machine was providing us excellent capuccino’s and macchiato’s. We were very happy with it. And our friends raved about our coffees. Best wishes, Arend Vast
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens coffee maker? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Read my mail. The problem started today. We used the serviced machine for about six weeks,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don’t think so. We really enjoyed this coffee maker for years, excellent quality, until lately!
Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Were any parts replaced when it was last serviced?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I don’t know, maybe...
Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

It sounds like the parts were just cleaned up probably the switch just needed cleaned but if its failed it probably needs replaced, was it a Siemens engineer who attended last time or a general appliance engineer?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No, it was the special service of Siemens that did the service.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It was a Siemens service center, so a Siemens engineer that did the servicing. It cost me about GBP 240.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
James, are you still there?
Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

Understood then I would suggest you contact Siemens Service Team in the UK, their number is 0344(###) ###-####/strong>

They should provide a option for a fixed price repair covering all parts and labour, and would insist they replace the fault control panel this time.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK, I will do that. It’s a pity because there stil l is a guarantee on repairs for the Dutch service, but now we are over here of course.
Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

Its worth mentioning the fact it was previously repaired out of country as sometimes they can cross charge the repair to the Netherlands branch of Siemens, but it appears to be hit and miss from my expereince.

Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!