KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a hoover Vhc681b condenser dryer. The dryer stopped

Customer Question

Hi!
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hi Pearl, I have a hoover Vhc681b condenser dryer. The dryer stopped working mid-cycle, and after googling, I ordered a pub and replaced it. The dryer switched on but wouldn't heat and on 'bone dry' programme, the panel shows it starting at 'end' (9h) and straight away to 6h and then 3h, stopping! My electrician came and tested everything, and replaced the heater and thermostat control in the front of the machine. He is here with me now and it is still giving the same problems.
JA: Do you know the model of your Hoover dryer? How old is it?
Customer: It is a hoover Vhc681b vision dry class B. It's 9 or 10 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hoover dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just suddenly happened about 2 and a half weeks ago. So far, we replaced the Pcb, heater element and sensor thermal limiter at the bottom of the front of the machine
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't think of anything, thank you, ***** ***** I replaced the pcb, I checked the relays at the top corner of the back of the machine, forgetting the power was on. I got a shock which tripped a switch in the house. Could this have damaged the pcb?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 19 days ago.

Good afternoon,

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that must be.

If heater element, thermostats and control board has all been replaced then check the Interference suppressor.

If that is faulty it will need replacement.

However, if suppressor tests fine then check the motor.

If both are fine then I am afraid it is the control that is causing this issue and will need replacement.

You may see automated adverts for phone support sent by website.

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

If you want phone support, please let me know and another expert may pick it up.

I am glad, I could help.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

I hope you have a great day.

It has been my pleasure to assist you!