JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Electrolux ESL 855 dishwasher has an elastic band

Customer Question

My Electrolux ESL 855 dishwasher has an elastic band stretched across the lower basket. Am I supposed to cut this off or what is it for
JA: Do you know the model of your Electrolux dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: It ihas been delivered to us brand new from the Harvey Norman store amd a[art from the number ESL 855 the only other reference I can see is on the instructions manual and that is(###) ###-####A_192017
JA: How long has this been going on with your Electrolux dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just see it has this elastic band when I started to juse it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I just want to know why the elastic band is stretched across the lower basket and also now I am wondering if we have been sold an old machine
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am worried that the dishwasher is not an up to date model and am suspicious because there was no english manual with it when it was delivered and also what was the purpose of the elastic band stretched across the lower basket?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It also came with a continental type plug
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
The elastic band is normally to allow for the manual to be stored inside during shipping, this can be cut away as its not required.

Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!