JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The Thetford fridge in my swift escapemodel will not work on

The Thetford fridge in my swift escape(###) ###-####model will not work on gas.
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: The warning bleeper sounds and flashes. I cannot hear the ignition clicking
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have just fitted a new gas cylinder (propane). The regulator is fitted correctly and is tight. The cylinder valve on open. The cooker inside the van is working normally on all burners.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Previously all was working and O could hear the ignition clicking. No problems.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I would like a reply please. Thanks

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hallo James. I have sorted the issue now and am away using the van. All is well I only contacted you guys because it was a Sunday and couldn’t get a service engineer that day.
Thanks anyway

No problem, a lot of the time these issues are with the gas valves in the appliance and as you have proven LPG was getting to other appliances such as the hob it would most likely have pointed to a fault with the fridge itself, and with it being a gas appliance would need to be taken into a Thetford service centre.

Should you have further faults relating to the fridge the best option is to take it directly to the service centre at the next available day they are open and run it on 12V or Mains until that time. You can find your local service centre on the website here.

Have a good day.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.