Gery66
Gery66,
101431949

I have what i believe is a drainage channel at the bottom of

Customer Question

I have what i believe is a drainage channel at the bottom of my freezer. just don't know how to make use of it when doing a defrost.
JA: What's the brand and model of your freezer? How old is it?
Customer: I'm not 100% sure but it might be a Neff
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It would be about 5 years old. It is an integrated type so when defrosting the water is going all over the parcel board unit that the freezer is housed in.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 days ago.

Expert:  Gery66 replied 6 days ago.

Dear Customer,
thank you for your inquiry at JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I try to help you to find a solution for the problem.
As I have no info which make and model your freezer is, it's not that easy to answer your question. Can you attach a few pics here? That would be great, thank you in advance.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Best regards.
Your's Gery

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have attached image. My theory is that the device at the base of the freezer is there to facilitate the draining of water when defrosting. I just don't know how...
Expert:  Gery66 replied 3 days ago.

Dear Customer,

sorry for my late response, but I had a computer damage and it needed a repair unfortunately.

Thanks for the pic. So I assume you have to defrost your freezer manually right? Sorry for the question, but as I don't know which model it is I have to ask this. According to the pic, where does the condensate come out? Off the small hole? Thanks for your info!

Best regards.

Gery

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Sorry I don't know the make and model. It was a fixture in the house we bought. There's a label inside showing that it is made in Italy and the
Model No:###-##-####
We do have to defrost it manually. There are no drain holes.
Expert:  Gery66 replied 2 days ago.

Dear Customer,

thanks for your message. Does condensate come out of the device as you mentioned?

Best regards.

Gery