Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I followed the advice of your expert but my washing machine

Customer Question

I followed the advice of your expert but my washing machine still doesn't work. can you help please?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation programme and would be very grateful for your understanding. The telephone service is provided automatically by the system, you only need to accept it when you need it. Unfortunately I cannot make a phone call, but if you wish - another expert could do it for you. I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry you have been confronted with this problem!

First of all, can you describe to me what kind of fault you have with the device? And then please write me what I have already done with the expert? What did you try to solve?

Please do not hesitate to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!

With kind regards,
Erdal

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!

If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I followed the instructions of your colleague. I cleaned the drain pump and re set the washer. Now the spin drop down lights no longer flash (as they did before) and it looks OK (the Start button lights up now) but when I turn it on to start a wash, nothing happens.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have just tried it again and it makes the right clicking noises but I don not hear the washer sound starting.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Okay we write me then please which symbols light up everything in the control panel or display. As soon as you switch on which symbols light up?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
1200 and WASH and the start button is red.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Okay then it is possible that the door contact switch does not react properly. Open and close the door several times and then press the door closed once and hold the door pressed and try again to start a programme. What happens then?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
OK. I have tried that and no chang. It makes the sound like it is beginning normally and then nothing.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
OK. I have tried that and no change. It makes the sound like it is beginning normally and then nothing.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

In order to find out exactly what it is, let's do this again. As soon as you start a programme, will the door be locked or not? Or does the door remain unlocked so that you can still open it?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
the door is locked.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Okay if the door is closed then normally the pump should start working downstairs. Do you also hear the pump working in the bottom right?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
no
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Only I hear the clicking of the door
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Okay if the pump does not start then we have found the original cause. Either the pump or the door contact switch is not working properly anymore and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately it is not a fault but a defect. Both things have to be checked professionally and replaced if necessary.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
My machine is at least 13 years old. Would it be better to buy a new machine?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

You can decide for yourself if you want to have it repaired or not. If the door contact switch or pump is faulty the repair will cost between 100-150 pounds depending on the service company. Of course it is not profitable to repair the unit because of its age. Other parts of the unit may also break in the near future. I would rather recommend you to invest your money in a newer device.

Can I still help you? I am at your disposal. I want you to be satisfied with me.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am very happy with your responses. I have just turned it on again and something is happening.....! it fills with water but doesn't spin.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Has the water flowed sufficiently pure in the device? If you look inside the door, up to where can you see that the water has flowed in approximately? If there is not enough water in the appliance it may not start. Try to start another programme again, for example Spin and drain.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Drain worked. I will try spin now.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

ok good luck.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
spin doesn't work but drain does
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Okay then the engine is not in order. In this case the motor must be professionally checked and controlled.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Is getting the engine fixed very pricey please?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

It can also cost between 80-200 pounds depending on the service company. If only the carbon brushes on the motor are faulty the repair would cost 80 pounds.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
thank you Edrdal
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Please