Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My saeco minuto hd8763/01 is showing error 5, About a year,

Customer Question

Hello, my saeco minuto hd8763/01 is showing error 5
JA: How old is your Saeco appliance?
Customer: About a year
JA: How long has this been going on with your Saeco appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It started when we tried to descale it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We've followed all of the online tutorials / YouTube videos.... Nothing
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation programme and would be very grateful for your understanding. The telephone service is provided automatically by the system, you only need to accept it when you need it. Unfortunately I cannot make a phone call, but if you wish - another expert could do it for you. I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry you have been confronted with this problem!

This error message means that there is air in the water circuit and that the air is not going away. Have you tried to fill up the water tank several times and pour at least 2-3 cups of hot water over the machine?

Please do not hesitate to continue this topic if you have further questions. I would be very happy to help you!

With kind regards,
Erdal

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!

If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Erdal, yes we have put hot water in it, descaler, lemon juice, etc.
The machine is not drawing water through from the reservoir.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

Okay if that did not help then there is definitely a defect. It is possible that there is a fault or defect at the bottom of the water meter. You have to open the complete unit at the back and check the plug connection to make sure that it has not become damp or corroded. Do you have the possibility to disassemble the complete rear panel and check the connection at the hoses below?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What would I be looking for in terms of corrosion /damage?
The issue started when we descaled the machine.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

You only have to check the plug connections between the components where the hoses are connected. Please check all components that are connected to the hoses at the back of the rear wall only once - there must not be any wet or collision. I had written it at the beginning of this manual. Of course there can also be a defective component which causes these errors. But we don't want to assume the worst immediately and just try to fix it this way. Otherwise the device must be checked professionally and repaired if necessary.

Before you open the device I wanted to ask you if you still have warranty?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It's out of warranty.
OK thanks Erdal
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

Okay, when you open the device please switch off the power supply first. If you have opened the back wall of the TV, you will see a white round part of the TV that has a cable connection and hose connections going in and out. This white component may be defective or blocked. Please check the hoses what goes in and out, if necessary try it once, from coughing on try the hoses once and plug them in again. You can write a message again at any time. I am at your disposal.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

please