Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

We have a F&P fridge/freezer that is 4 years old. It has

Customer Question

Hello. We have a F&P fridge/freezer that is 4 years old. It has become noisy overnight and the freezer compartment is icy. We do not get ice cubes as well
JA: Does the noise get louder or softer when changing the temperature setting?
Customer: It stops when any of the doors are opened and changing the temperature makes no difference to the noise
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It started last night. I have emptied the freezer but that made no difference
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The ice problem has been going on for a long while
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 7 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation programme and would be very grateful for your understanding. The telephone service is provided automatically by the system, you only need to accept it when you need it. Unfortunately I cannot make a phone call, but if you wish - another expert could do it for you. I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry you have been confronted with this problem!

There can be several reasons for such a mistake. It may be that the door seal is no longer in order. It could be that the compressor sensor, temperature sensor, resistor or the fan on the compressor is not working properly. Can we first check if the door seal is ok and if it is very clean?

Please do not hesitate to continue this topic if you have further questions. I would be very happy to help you!

With kind regards,
Erdal

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 7 days ago.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!

If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Erdal. Thanks for getting back to me. The door seals are all clean and intact.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 7 days ago.

OK if the door seal is OK then the rest of what I wrote to him earlier may be faulty or broken. Have you ever switched off the unit for a long time? If not then I recommend that you switch off the unit for at least 4-8 hours. Within this time check the back of the unit - it is not too much travelled and dusty. Clean it all up and try it again afterwards. So now follow a restart. If it is not defective it will work.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks Erdal. It will be difficult to look at the back as it is built into the kitchen. Do you know if I can arrange for an engineer to have a look at it?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 7 days ago.

I would advise you to look for a service company in your area. So that the travel costs remain very low so that you do not have to spend so much money.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok. Thanks.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 7 days ago.

No problem. You can always write me a message again if you like. I am at your disposal.