Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have vaillant ecotech plus438 wall hung open vent

Customer Question

Hi , i have vaillant ecotech plus438 wall hung open vent condensing boiler. It has a resting temperature of 48c , switches on every 5 minutes go to 74c for 3 seconds then switches of back to 48c. Consequently lukewarm hot water in radiators and tap water.
JA: How long have you had your 48C?
Customer: This cycle has been going on for last two weeks. No fault codes, pressing i button gives code S.53
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing,
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Was told my wait time for answer was 8 minutes. Have been waiting 22 minutes with no answer.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Have waited 40 minutes- no reply
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 11 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today. There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

S.53 indicates a possible lack of flow in the primary circuit. I have some questions:

1. How old is the boiler?
2. When was it last serviced?
3. Do you have any motorised zone valves in the system?
4. If so, how many?
5. What is the current system pressure?