Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Hotpoint dishwasher the detergent lid did not open after

Customer Question

Hotpoint dishwasher the detergent lid did not open after wash completed so detergent was not used
JA: Do you know the model of your Hotpoint dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: FDM550P.R ABOUT 10YEARS OLD
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just this once tried WD 40 on the catch - no effect
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything - I am 89 years old
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 9 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation programme and would be very grateful for your understanding. The telephone service is provided automatically by the system, you only need to accept it when you need it. Unfortunately I cannot make a phone call, but if you wish - another expert could do it for you. I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry you have been confronted with this problem!

The fact that the detergent compartment cannot be opened can have several reasons. It may be that the detergent compartment itself is defective. It is also possible that the control board does not pass on the commands. Can you open and close the compartment yourself?

Please do not hesitate to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!

With kind regards,
Erdal

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 9 days ago.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!

If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
easily
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 9 days ago.

Okay, if you can move it freely and open and close it, then either the electrical interface from the detergent compartment is defective or the control board is defective. It is also not a mistake what you can reset. Can you tell me if the water from the machine gets warm when you rinse it?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 9 days ago.

Okay then, the heating is working in any case. If the heating would not work this compartment would not open even sporadically. I am really sorry but then either the compartment is not working or the control board does not give the command. You will need a technician to check it professionally and replace it if necessary.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you - I will contact Hotpoint
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 9 days ago.

All right, I wish you good luck and success with this. You can always write a message again. I am at your disposal. You are always welcome.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you- bye
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 9 days ago.

Please