Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Favorit 40850 dishwasher starting up sounding normal for

Customer Question

Favorit 40850 dishwasher starting up sounding normal for first 60 seconds then stopping. Starts to take in water then stops.
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: AEG Favorit 40850 15 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Started today. Have switched off at plug and restarted several times. Have also tried running machine empty
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's all I can think of
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 8 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation programme and would be very grateful for your understanding. The telephone service is provided automatically by the system, you only need to accept it when you need it. Unfortunately I cannot make a phone call, but if you wish - another expert could do it for you. I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry you have been confronted with this problem!

Can you also describe to me better what happens if it stops after 1 minute? Do you get an error message or which symbols are flashing? Is the water still at the bottom when it has stopped or was it pumped out?

Please do not hesitate to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!

With kind regards,
Erdal

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 8 days ago.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!

If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No error messages and symbols flashing but slight buzzing sound from machine. Only little water at bottom
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Slight smell of overheating electrics according to my wife. I can't smell anything
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 8 days ago.

Okay it is possible that the inlet valve does not supply enough water and then the control board stops because it is too slow. Please test this: start a programme and after 30-45 seconds add 1/2 l to 2 l of water and close the door again - what happens then?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No improvement
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 8 days ago.

Okay then either the environmental pump is no longer working properly. Or the control board is not working properly. It must be checked by a specialist and replaced if necessary. Unfortunately it is not a malfunction but a defect.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK Thanks
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 8 days ago.

All right, you can always send me a message again if you need information. I am at your disposal.