KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

We have an antiqauted built in Philips, We have separate

Customer Question

We have an antiqauted built in Philips
JA: What Philips product do you have?
Customer: We have separate stand alone freezer unit and an antiquated 'built in Magnet unit' Philips ARB 564/ph fridge with a small freezer unit on top of a less old Whirlpool ARG420/315311 fridge. We are looking to replace the former ARB unit urgently with a model that can be fitted by a competent into the same space preferably with a similar fridge and freezer unit or failing that a like for like Whirlpool fridge model.....and have the Philips ARB 564/ph fridge that no longer works taken away. Any advice/help would be appreciated along with some idea of possible costings. Thanking you in anticipation Nicholas Fraser
JA: What have you tried so far with your Philips product?
Customer: It d is on the old side and fused the house downstairs circuit last night so I went through all the relevant switches until I worked out where the problem was. I then tried replacing the relevant fuse in the one main switch leading to a double socket feeding a separate plug for each fridge and the replaced the fuse in that plug i.e. replaced all that I could get access to ................. and also checked the bulb inside the fridge worked okay.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of!
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 4 days ago.

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 day ago.

Good morning Nicholas,

Welcome to JustAnswer.com, sorry just saw your question sitting here.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that must be.

Your Philips ARB is pretty old, I think around 30 years or so, can you provide its dimensions please so I can check what similar model can be fitted in same place.

You may see automated adverts for phone support sent by website.

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

If you want phone support, please let me know and another expert may pick it up.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Tall - c. 35 inches;
Wide - c. 21.5 inches;
Outside Depth - c. 22 inches;
and
Inside Depth - c. 17.5 inches

Here are the models available for same dimensions:

1. BOSCH Serie 4 GID18A20GB Integrated Freezer.
  2. NEFF N50 G1524X7GB Integrated Freezer.
  3. INDESIT INF 901 E AA Integrated Freezer - Sliding Hinge.
  4. Bush MCF99BL Chest Freezer - Black

I am glad, I could help.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

I hope you have a good night.

It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you however what is an integrated freezer. Are you perhaps able to direct me to any documentation please? Is the integrated freezer like the Philips ARB 564/PH model i.e.basically a white fridge with a small freezer unit in it. If not is there something like the Whirlpool ARG 420/3 i.e basically also just a white fridge with no small freezer unit in it that will fit in the space? Can you also please explain the relevance and significance of a sliding hinge on the Indesit? I am also not sure about the Bush black chest freezer if it is only a chest freezer as we are looking for a fridge in that we already have a stand alone freezer. Do you also please have the full contact details where suitable models are available from and at what sort of price(s)? Finally, as in my original enquiry are you also able please to provide the full contact details of someone, hopefully reasonably located to central west london, able to reliably and relatively quickly remove and take away the old fridge and fit the new one? Thanking you in anticipation.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 23 hours ago.

You may contact Argos or Currys as all these models plus few more similar models are available with them.

A sliding hinge is attached to the door of kitchen. You may see parts slide in and out.

Bush black freezer was just an option sent to compare. You may compare the prices online at various websites.

The range between £200 to £900 based on the brand and model that you will choose.

You may visit Atlantic Electrics located in 970 N Circular Rd, London NW2 7JR