JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The lower basket is stuck, AEG Fss62800P in warranty, just

Customer Question

the lower basket is stuck
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: AEG Fss62800P in warranty
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just now tried wiggling it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  JamesI replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Is the tray empty?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
it is now
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Any ideas?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
HELLO! Is there anyone there?
Expert:  JamesI replied 18 days ago.

This is not an immediate service I am afraid, it can take time for experts to respond, as they will need time to go away and look into the fault, but we do try and respond as soon as possible.

Ok what happens when you lift the handle does that move?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The handle moves. It lifts as it should but it has no resistance. It seems that there should be something that is lifted by lifting the handle.
Expert:  JamesI replied 18 days ago.

Right so the mechanism doesnt appear to being activated to allow you to pull the tray out and up.

Expert:  JamesI replied 18 days ago.

There are many components which make up the mechanism.

You can see these components here.

In essence you need to strip it down which is best achieved by removing the top basket so you can get a good view inside and see if something has come out of alignment or snapped, as it could be the handle the fixing kit or the brackets at fault.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I can't remove the top basket as the lower basket is in the way.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I think the issue lies with part 150B as I think that's the part affected by the lifting of the handle
Expert:  JamesI replied 18 days ago.

The item 150B can be sourced here directly from AEG.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i wish to cancel any subscription to this service as of now. thank you