JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I bought a 12 in 1 flexi roughly 18 months ago.

Customer Question

I bought a 12 in 1 flexi roughly 18 months ago. Unfortunately the water began to leak from the blue round switch at the front.
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance?
Customer: I purchased roughly 18 months ago 12 in 1 flexi steam cleaner unfortunately it began to leak water from the round blue switch at the front. At that particular time I was in locked down and could not take it back to Tesco’s were I purchased it from. I went online and purchased another one. I was taking it back to Tesco’s but have since learned that they do no longer sell them. How can I get my money back. It is still under guarantee
JA: The Appliance Technician can help you find the model number for your steam cleaner; I'll connect you shortly. What's the brand and model of your steam cleaner?
Customer: Model no. Bel0698N
JA: How long has this been going on with your steam cleaner? What have you tried so far?
Customer: model no. BEL0698N
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: bel 0698N. I have tried all that you can do nothing helped. Can I take it back to Tesco’s I do not have proof of purchase
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What brand is your steamer, I assume its a Bosch or Siemens based on you suggesting it has a two year warranty?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No it is beldray 12 in 1
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 days ago.

The appliance is showing it has one year (see here), can you advise if you have confirmation they have extended your warranty to 2 years, as in some instances they do this on registering the appliance etc, but not normally with budget appliances such as this model.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 days ago.

Understood then you have a one year warranty which has now expired, so repairs would be chargeable.

Parts for your model of steamer can be sourced here, most likley the boiler has failed which is not deemed a consumer replaceable part which would mean the appliance would need to be sent in for a service centre repair

Taking into account the fault occurred during lock down you could contact Beldray to see if they will honour the repair, though may challenge whey you didn't log the fault during lock down.

You can contact the service\warrant team by calling 0161(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!