JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have a siemens Se64M351GB/10 dishwasher. The pump has

we have a siemens Se64M351GB/10 dishwasher. The pump has stopped working. It did not empty the water during last use. Is there a way to check if the pump needs replacing?. I have cleaned the filters and checked that nothing is stuck in the pump impeller.
JA: Are there any error codes or blinking lights on your Siemens dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: No error lights, it is 10 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Problem started yesterday. I have cleaned both filters, removed cover from the plastic impeller no bits stuck in blade.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
If you start a new programme, the first 10 seconds should be when the pump starts can you hear it humming before water enters?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I can hear a humming, but the water does not flow into the machine now. I noticed that the program display is showing many different wash times, e.g. hot wash used to be 140mins but today varied from 118mins to 96mins. each time I changed programs

Does the humming stop after 20 seconds then it errors or does it continue to hum until turned off?

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this stage, but happy to elaborate once you provide the addition info.
For now I hope you may find this initial guidance useful.

Based on the symptoms reported it's likely the fault is caused by the flood sensor located in the base detecting water.
Start by removing the kick board along the bottom this should just pull off, then open the door and remove the bracket either side of the appliance which holds it into the cupboard void.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!
Finally screw in the feet to drop it down, and pull it out of the void.
Once removed you need to close the door and power off the machine at the wall. Once off, tilt the washer at a steep angle forward and hold it in place for 30 seconds, stand it upright, and then turn on power.
The pump should have stopped running, and you should now be able to run a program to confirm the fault has cleared.