Gery66
Gery66,
101431949

The cooling fan on my Neff oven is still going this morning

Customer Question

The cooling fan on my Neff oven is still going this morning even though I turned my oven off yesterday evening.
JA: Is your Neff oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: It’s electric. It’s about 12 years old now
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its the first time I’ve been aware of this. I’ve turned the power off and left it off for an hour or so but it came straight back when I switched it back on
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  Gery66 replied 11 days ago.

Dear Customer,
thank you for your inquiry at JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I try to help you to find a solution for the problem, which is annoying, I understand.
If an oven thermostat fails, it may cause the oven fan to run continuously. The high limit thermostat sends voltage to the oven fan as the oven heats up. If the high limit thermostat is defective, it may keep sending voltage to the oven fan after the oven has cooled down.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Best regards.
Your's Gery

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It’s not the main oven fan that’s running but the cooling fan
Expert:  Gery66 replied 11 days ago.

It seams that your thermostat is not working correctly and it also looks like that you have an issue with the thermal switch for the cooling fan.

Best regards.

Gery