JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a dyson v6 I have already had one new battery several

Customer Question

I have a dyson v6 I have already had one new battery several months ago and now this battery won't hold its charge. I have had dyson vacuums for many years and I am really disappointed in this one
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dyson vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it started last week its the same as the last time when they had to send me a new battery
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The vacuum is kept clean and the filter is changed on a regular basis
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
How old is your V6?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
4less than 4 years old and this is the second battery
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

Typically the Dyson battery would last about 2 years, to confirm when using the vacuum the the light flashes red and stops working?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No the light flashes blue and the machine stops working
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

Right a blue flashing light does indicate the battery is depleted and assume you are confident its charging up properly on the docking station.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
it is
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

Right then it would suggest the charger is working and the replacement battery has failed.

Did Dyson replace the previous battery under warranty?

Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

Assuming the appliance is out of warranty you can source a replacement battery from Dyson here.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!