JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My neff double oven top oven fan doesn't switch off when the

My neff double oven top oven fan doesn't switch off when the oven is switched off
JA: Is your Neff oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric and two years and three months.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It happened once before about six months ago, and I switched off the power at the wall and this seemed to clear the problem. Now this doesn't work, and the fan has been running all night.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so. The relevant numbers for the oven are E:U1ACE2HN0B/01 and FD 9804

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Not sure what you mean by model number. The two numbers on the label areE: U1ACE2HN0B/01 and FD: 9804. Z is 00290

Thank you the model number (ENR) we needed was U1ACE2HN0B/01

Looking at the info shared it suggests the appliance was produced in April 2018, does that sound right?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I would guess so as it was installed in June/July 2018

There is a temp limiter which is designed to make sure the fan runs to cool the oven down after the oven stops.

You can see the part shown as item 0617 in the diagram here. Most likely this has failed and telling the fan to run all the time even when the oven has cooled.

The part can be sourced here for around £8.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** ordered it. Presumably it is fairly simple to replace so our local electrician can do it

Yes, oven comes out of the void, top lid removed. They can verify it is faulty by checking continuity across it, it should be normally open, if closed its faulty.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks very much