Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My oven is not heating up and when I checked the element it

My oven is not heating up and when I checked the element it only has one wire attached. I assume it should have two and one has come off and disappeared down the back. How do I retrieve it?
JA: How old is your oven? Have you checked if all the coils and heating elements are working properly?
Customer: No idea. As stated the heating element is not working. I have bought a replacement but it doesn't seen right that only one wire is attached.
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: See previous chat
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Simple question, am I right it thinking that two wires should be connected to the heating element to make a circuit?

Good morning, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Yes - you're correct - there needs to be two leads connected. The only safe and sure way to remedy this is to remove the oven from its housing, and take off the back panel. Turn off the power before you do this. It's a straightforward just that needs only a couple of screwdrivers.

You might find that one lead has burnt, in which case you would need to cut back to clean copper and then crimp on a new spade terminal. I can give you more guidance if the need arises.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is it just two screws situated in the top oven holding the whole oven in?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No worries, I have managed to remove it

Sorry for the delay - I was on a call. Let me know if you need more guidance :-)

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I will let you know when I get the back off. waiting for some help to remove the oven from the housing as it is very heavy

I understand - they aren’t light and are an awkward shape to handle for one person.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
All fixed, had to replace the connector on one of the wires

Hurrah! Well done :-)

Thank you for your rating :-)