KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Can you help me restart my Bosch advantixx 6 washing

Hello, can you help me restart my Bosch advantixx 6 washing machine? I replace the door lock after an f 16 code but all I get is 2 beeps when 8 try to start it , thanks

Good morning,

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that must be.

Please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate inside the door)

You may see automated adverts for phone support sent by website.

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

If you want phone support, please let me know and another expert may pick it up.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Kevin.
It’s a Bosch advantixx 6 vario perfect washing machine, approx 10 years old
WAE24366GB/25 FD 9011 603430It developed a F16 code so replaced the the door lock
Now when I turn it on, the time light comes on but when I press Start I just get 2 beeps
I’ve tried the “turn knob to 6 o’clock, hold spin and turn knob to 7 o’clock and Off” but no luck
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What do you reckon?

Thank you for the model number.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thanks

Try this:

Press and hold the START button.

Keep it held in and turn the knob one click anti clockwise.

Then turn it back to reset, try this two to three times.

Then let go off the button.

Try it again and please let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi just tried that procedure but it still just beeps twice when I go to restart it

OK, this indicates either the wire connector or the control is reporting a fault.

Unplug it and pull it out.

Then remove the top off the appliance.

Now, remove all the connectors from the control (one at a time) and reconnect them back.

Try again and see if it works however, if the issue is still there then control board will need replacement.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

I hope you have a great day.

It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok I’ll, try that now

Sure, please let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi, just removed and replace all of the connectors on the back of the control board, re-assembled the machine and it is still doing the same. One thing I forgot to say was when I was trying one of the reset procedures last night that I could get the LED display to totally illuminate, instead of just the programmer time
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Are you still online ?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hello can you please confirm that you are still online?

Yes still here, sorry was away for few minutes and thanks for sending that image.

If the lock was correctly installed and the connector, wiring to door lock are fine then I am afraid this is control board fault.

Press every button on the control (one at a time).

Try the “turn knob to 6 o’clock, hold spin and turn knob to 7 o’clock and Off” reset steps few more times.

If still it is not working then I am afraid this is reporting control board fault that will need replacement.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** I do get when I’m pressing Spin button whilst doing that procedure, is that the spin speeds just scroll through the different speeds, when I’ve seen people do this on you tube they seem to get just the one spin speed whilst they are holding the button

Well usually when this appliance reports door lock fault, the fault clears itself when door lock is replaced.

I mean you do not have to follow those reset steps after part is replaced.

Same happened with your appliance, that fault F16 has not appeared instead it will not start and gives two beeps.

Moreover, the control is not responding to any of the reset steps. Hence, I believe it is the control board.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thanks, I’ll keep trying various reset procedures and let you know if I have any luck thanks

Sure, please let me know if you have any questions.

I am glad, I could help.

You're welcome.

Good Luck.