JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have an Ilve Cooker. The Hob is run on gas and is fine but

I have an Ilve Cooker. The Hob is run on gas and is fine but the ovens will not come on and yet the clock is working?
JA: What's the brand and model of your hob? How old is it?
Customer: it is an ILve and is a Roma E3 It is just over two years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has been faulting now and again for over a month, but I am now unable to set the clock and as a consequence the oven doesnt work
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think thats about all I know. I have contacted the approved repairers for the brand but they are unable to send anone for nearly three weeks!

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The only details I have are as follows: ILVA ROMA,90centimetre, Twin Range Cooker, PDW906E3. It is just over two years old.

Does the light inside either of the ovens come on?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, just checked both ovens. The light comes on in the small oven

Right if the light only works on the small oven but not the large, and neither of them heat up or have a fan running it suggests a significant fault, most likely with the PCB. Since the ovens have separate controls knobs so that rules out the function selector switch, and have separate wiring and thermostats so the only part left in common is the PCB.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you very much for your assistance.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!