Paddy
Paddy, Handyman
Experience:  Experienced Landlord
109046513

I have followed the instruction for decaling my Tassimo

I have followed the instruction for decaling my Tassimo coffee maker but the process will not start. both light are on, and when I press the descaling emblem nothing happens
JA: Do you know the model of your Tassimo coffee maker? How old is it?
Customer: Can't find a model number but it only at the most 1 year and it is white. I cannot find this model on Youtube
JA: How long has this been going on with your Tassimo coffee maker? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I think it may be only 6 month old and this is the first time that it has indicated that it needs descaling
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can only say that I have followed the instruction, two lights are on. I pressed the descaling emblem and nothing is happening. I assume when I press the emblem there will be some sort of noise coming from the unit?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’ll wait

Hi - Welcome to JustAnswer, I'm Paddy and I will be your technician.

Do you still need help with your Tassimo?

Paddy, Handyman
Experience: Experienced Landlord
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Good Morning Paddy. I have gone through the process to descale it. Correct amount of water, two descaling tablets. Yellow disc in, two lights showing. pressed the descaled icon. NOTHING happens. Both lights stay on but no sound or indication that anything is happening

Hi - Just above the message box where you type there is a paper clip button - if you click the button it will ask you to choose a photo.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry Paddy can’t see the paper clip

Should look something like this

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Paddy, but where
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Paddy. This is the third and last Tassimo I will ever buy. I’ve had trouble with all of them. It is going back to the store

Hi - have attached a photo, is this your model. they are a good machine I've had one for quite a while.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It’s not that model. Mine is white, the lights are in a different place. There isn’t one of these on Youtube

Could you check the following for me.

1. The float on the tank is free to move - I have attached a photo to give you an idea what it looks like
  2. The filter to the bottom of the tank is clear
  3. the tank is fitted snugly in position
  4. You have pressed and held the button to activate the descale cycle for 5 seconds

Paddy

Float photo

Sorry wrong image

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Not the same model. The light configuration is different and the float is different. The float is working. Not sure about the filter
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Paddy. It is a Tassimo Caddy TAS7002GB

Ok bear with me while I have a look for your model.

Hi - I have been through the manual and the descale process throughout the range is pretty much the same and the key points to check I have listed, The main step people miss is holding the button for 5 seconds.

If you have checked the main points and it is still not working you may have to return it hopefully it is within the warranty period.

Please message me if you have any further questions.

Paddy