Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a dishwasher..it has no number on it but the kitchen

I have a dishwasher..it has no number on it but the kitchen installer says its a SMV40T10GB
JA: Who makes your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Bosch. I'm not sure of the age and can find no documentation...sorry
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Dishwasher has worked fine for last couple of years. Water not draining now. got rid of the water in bottom of dishwasher, took out filters, checked impeller. When I have plugged in I have a flashing tap on control panel on top of door
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Its a fully integrated dishwasher. We are based in Glossop Derbyshire. The kitchen (solid wood and high spec) was installed around 2005 by Churchwood Design in Tintwhistle Derbyshire. I seem to recall its a second dishwasher for the kitchen but it might be original. Last repair was in sep 2018.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding. The telephone service is provided automatically by the system, you only have to accept it when you need it. Unfortunately, I cannot make a phone call, but if you wish - another expert could do it for you. I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you have been confronted with this problem!

Could you describe to me which symbols on the device light up on the control panel? What happens now when you want to start a program? Can you hear the device working the first minute? Or is it not running at all?

Please do not hesitate to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!

With kindest regards,

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!

If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Erdal, my name is Richard. sorry I speak no GermanThere instrument panel at the top of the door has a number of warning lights. On the far left is the start button. The three nearest red warning lights arranged in a vertcial pattern are all lit and the top one which has a symbol for a tap is flashing.These are on and the machine is making a whirring noise..I cant turn off either the noise or the flashing light or other lights with the start button or the power button. I can only turn off the electricity at the wall

okay this error message means that the Aqua stop has been triggered. There is a float switch at the bottom of the unit that triggers an Aqua stop in the event of a leak. Then the pump runs permanently so that the water can be pumped out. Either pull the appliance out of the kitchen and tilt it 45° forward and watch the floor for water leaking. Or you have to unscrew the rectangular panel under the door so that you can dry everything at the bottom of the kitchen.

Then you have to find the leak and repair it. Otherwise you will get the same mistake again.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have never done this before...as its an integrated dishwasher is there any problems to do this. Should I be able to do it, or should I get a technician out? I have quite a few standard tools available

You may also need spare parts depending on a leak. It is possible that you need a gasket, or you may need a new screw. It is a complicated story. I would recommend you to order a technician. If you want I can find out the service number where you can call.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
If that is straightforward for you to do, then that would be helpful. Thankyou

No, it is really no problem for me, I always want to help you and that you are satisfied with me.

Here is the telephone number for the hotline.***********

Call them and book an appointment. Can I help you further?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is this a standard plumbing problem and easily repairable, or could it be the sort of problem which means it is not economic to fix the dishwasher?
Does the dishwasher have a PCB in it, and could it be a problem?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
PCB= printed circuit board

No this is not a problem at all with the control board. Either a leak is a defective seal or a screw connection is no longer in order. It could also be that the pump is not in order anymore and has to be replaced. The repair costs would be between 100-180 pounds. It is up to you whether you want it repaired or not.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks..that has been very helpful. I don't think we need a phone call now?

We don't need no either. Your telephone charges will of course be refunded. We have not made any phone calls, so there is no need to pay. As soon as the request is completed, it will be refunded to you within a few working days.

Can I still help you? I want you to be satisfied with me.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am satisfied with the advice. I will contact the number you suggested. Thanks for the help. Can I save this conversation on my laptop?

You get all the entertainment by e-mail. Check your e-mail box and then we will find our conversation again.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks..bye

Please have a nice Evening.