JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The setting control knob on my bellingmodel has become

hi. The setting control knob on my belling###-##-####model has become pushed in so it is difficult to move around the settings. Is it as easy as getting a replacement or does the actual front need removing to get to the back of the knob. hope this makes sense!
JA: How old is your belling appliance?
Customer: Hi. Around 4 or 5 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your belling appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The knob got stuck in around a month ago and we can move it to the fan setting but. It
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The black knobs are the type that you can push in to get a flush appearance

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Which control knob are you referring to as I believe here a couple on this model?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi James. It’s the knob on the right which controls the main oven settings.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Prefer not to speak at the mo.

Offers for calls are just automated adverts, you can discard them if you are happy for a typed response (and do not want to pay the additional fee). However it can take time for experts to respond, please be patient and an expert will respond as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi James. Are we still connected?

Yes, we are still connected I am just waiting on the parts diagrams being sent to me.

A new function selector switch can be sourced here for around £15.

To fit it you need to pull the knob off at the front and remove the screw which go in the front of the control panel and screw into the switch which sits behind (the screws are hidden behind the control knob).

You will need to then remove the entire oven and switch off\isolate power and remove the top of the oven to get to behind the control panel at which case you can replace the switch.

Make sure you take a picture of where the wires go, as you will not be able to get a wiring diagram telling you where each wires goes should one come lose.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!