JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Red warning light on freezer came on. Switched off for 24

Red warning light on freezer came on. Switched off for 24 hrs and then on again. Red light still on and continues to freeze well below set temp.
JA: What's the brand and model of your freezer? How old is it?
Customer: Zanussi ZFT10210WA. About 5 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not happened before. Switched off and on again 24 hrs later
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What temp is the freezer running at currently?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Switched off again when got below-20
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Control was set @ -16 just to see if it cut out. It didn’t
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Don’t phone, just respond on line

Right the red light is a alarm to notify the temp in the appliance is too warm to store foods.

Typically this mean the appliance is warmer than -12. It may be though the temp was set to -16 it was actually warmer than reported inside.

To confirm with the temp set to -20 the red light has now gone off?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Don’t telephone
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Alarm still on at -20

Ok in placing your hand inside would you agree the temp is -20?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Don’t bother. This is a waste of time. Goodbye

No problem most like the fault is with the PCB not detecting the temp correctly, due to this being a budget appliance it is probably not going to be economical to repair as you would be looking at around £100 in labour charges alone.

Should the appliance still be cooling at -20 I would just discard the red warning light, but it would suggest the appliance has a underlying fault and will likely develop a wider fault over time.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!