Paddy
Paddy, Handyman
Experience:  Experienced Landlord
109046513

I have a Sharp wall mounted oven that is stuck in Demo Mode

I have a Sharp wall mounted oven that is stuck in Demo Mode and the oven will not heat up. Sharp model KS-70S501ss-en. How can I reset it back to normal, there are no options on the display.
JA: Is your Sharp oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric 240 volts about 2 and 1/2 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Sharp oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: going on for a week, I can't get any help from supplier, purchased it on line. and Sharp uk don't seem to support it in uk. I am a retired electrical service engineer, with 50 years experience, and the oven does everything except heat up! I have checked it over for problems but nothing seemed out of order, I have even disconnected any heating elements that showed any earth leakage. I think it must be some sequence of the control buttons on the display to clear the problem any ideas
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Perhaps the Sharp service technician may have come across this before,

Hi - Welcome to JustAnswer, I'm Paddy and I will be your technician.

Do you still need help with you oven?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
you bet

Great - the instructions vary slightly depending on which display you have on your oven, do you have +&- next to the clock?

Hi - tried to call but no answer - would it be possible to send photo of the control panel of your oven?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Maybe we could use whats app
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
My phone number***********

Take the photo - on your screen above the text box you will see a paper clip on a button when you click it you will be asked to choose your photo then send

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
What does on your screen above the text box mean?

Hi - the area where you type your responses just above should be some buttons similar to the ones in the photo I have attached the paper clip button allows you to attach photo's and other documents

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
these buttons do not appear on my screen

Thats OK I sent you a text message reply with the photo

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
This is not going too well send me your email details and I will email you the photos

Thats ok we will get there***@******.***

If you are having trouble you could tell me what buttons you have on your oven

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I will try the email, it may take a few minutes.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
email sent
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have to go now, my wife is not so well. I will email you tomorrow Regards JC

Hi - I have received the email, I will message instructions