JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I need to remove De Dietrich Induction hob to another place,

I need to remove De Dietrich Induction hob to another place
JA: Is your De Dietrich hob gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: It’s 7years old electric Type DT1304JE
JA: How long has this been going on with your De Dietrich hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just need to remove and place in different place
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How do I disconnect safely

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Do you have a red isolation switch on the wall to disconnect power to the hob?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Don’t know it’s not my place....
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Can I remove hob safely need info.....
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Obviously you can’t help.....hazel furse

This is not an immediate service I am afraid, it can take time for experts to respond, as they will need time to go away and look into the fault, but we do try and respond as soon as possible.

If you are not familiar with how the hob has been wired I would use an electrician.

What would be required is to isolate power at the fuse box for the hob, then locate the junction box the hob connects into, which then goes back to the fuse box, this is normally located on the wall near to the hob so you may need to check the back of the cupboard, or pull the oven out (if fitted to see it).

Once the cable has been disconnected, you need to cap off the ends so there is no risk of anything getting into the junction box, after which you can then reinstate the power on the fuse box if other devices (eg ovens) run off the same circuit.

Once complete you can then remove the brackets on the underside of the worktop which hold the hob in place, and it will then lift out.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!