JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Why does my LG TV not go on pressing either remote on on

Why does my LG TV not go on pressing either remote on on button on side of tv only brings up a large LG logo and image of a clocks and 4 dots
JA: Do you know the model of your LG appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Model is 42LD490-ZB
JA: How long has this been going on with your LG appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only just happened tonight when switched on
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: TV was set onHDMI mode to watch Firestick film when use

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What light is showing on the front of the TV?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Red flicking on bottom right
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
OK
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
How do I get TV operating?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
What is happening
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hello James are you there

This is not an immediate service I am afraid, it can take time for experts to respond, as they will need time to go away and look into the fault, but we do try and respond as soon as possible.

How often is the red light flickering?

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this stage, but happy to elaborate once you provide the addition info.
For now I hope you may find this initial guidance useful.

The flashing LED light on the front relates to a fault code, depending on the number of flashes determines the fault.

In most cases the fault is with the main board, this can be sourced here for around £50.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!