James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The stainless steel trim on my Siemens microwave door has

The stainless steel trim on my Siemens microwave door has dropped off. It appears to have been attached with double sided sticky tape on both surfaces. How can this be safely repaired please
JA: Do you know the model of your Siemens microwave? How old is it?
Customer: model no. HF26056GB/02
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens microwave? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has just happened in the last week. I have not tried anything as yet
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The tape that has given up is just over half an inch in width. I would also need to remove the gunge left behind first

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Are you able to attach a picture as most trims are clipped into place.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will try to send a picture!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just need to know the type of tape to use and the best way to remove the old sticky tape!

Right so this is the exterior fascia which has come away, the door doesn't get hot so you can scrape off the existing residue from the double sided tape and replace it with new double sided tape. I would avoid using glue as you often find the vibrations from opening and closing it causes it the fracture and break and it just comes off again, the tape is meant to absorb vibration and adhesive cope with that demand.

I have used something similar to the tape here previously and had good results.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Many thanks for your help James. I will try that.