JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I had an engineer visit on 10th July as my new Indisit

I had an engineer visit on 10th July as my new Indisit washer machine was holding fabric softener after the wash had completed, also the programs listed on front of machine keep rubbing off
JA: Is your Indesit washer top or front loading?
Customer: front loading
JA: How long has this been going on with your Indesit washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have straightened pipes, they were not bent, but this was advise from technical contact
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have had an engineer attend & said he’d re-programmed the machine regarding the drawer not taking in all softener during the programme, or leaving water behind in drawer after every wash, which I then have to empty every time, also put in a new front detergent drawer where the wash programs were rubbing off, both of these things are still an issue with the machine
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Still waiting

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Bwd71453wuk
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can I book someone to come & repair the machine again or request a replacement as this machine is new & don’t think it should be behaving like this
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do I just wait here for answer or log back in later?

The rubbing off of the symbols on the draw is deemed cosmetic so wouldnt be something which would really be covered under warranty.

Water would normally remain in the conditioner tray this is the normal function of how softener is dispensed. If you were finding the softener is not getting into the appliance however that would be a separate issue.

Based on the symtoms reported the appliance appears to be functioning normally but you just may not be used to the performance of a budget machine compared to a higher end brand.

Should you find the appliance is not dispensing conditioner however please see the video here.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!