KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

We have recently moved house and just put on my washing

Customer Question

Hi we have recently moved house and just put on my washing machine for the first time, and error message SC came up? I turned everything off and now running a drain and spin but it seems to be stuck on 12 mins - can you advise.
JA: What device is frozen?
Customer: umm just checking
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: samsung Qdrive eco bubble 9kg
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: simply turned off on panel and turned off on plug and then moved setting to drain and spin in an attempt to get it to finish
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I don't think so - that is it in a nutshell it is running at the moment but stuck on 12 mins
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 10 days ago.

Good afternoon,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Cant do that as it is full of washing!!!!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I can't open the door sadly
I am going on a work call shortly - I will contact you when I come clear

OK no problem, I understand. 5c/Sc error in your Samsung appliance indicates water pressure system fault. Please try this: Unplug the appliance and remove the bottom front flap. Keep some beach towels and shallow container under the filter. Then rotate the drain pump filter anti clockwise to open, clean it completely and make sure it is not clogged. Now, with your fingers check if impellor rotates, then reconnect everything and plug it back. Then try any program, it should work however, if the error code appears again, please unplug the appliance and pull it out. Then remove the top off the appliance and check the pressure switch with thin hose attached to it. Remove the hose and blow through it, make sure it is not clogged. Then reconnect everything and plug it back, please let me know how it goes.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks kevin I will have a go but working currently so will advise you later in the day

Sure, You're welcome and Good Luck.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have got the machine working, it was actually much simpler than anything I had suspected, the safety cap on the waste pipe had not been removed when my installers connected the washing machine.

Glad it is sorted :)