KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Dish washer does not drain, yes filter is not blocked. don't

Customer Question

dish washer does not drain
JA: How old is your dishwasher? Is the filter unblocked?
Customer: yes filter is not blocked. don't now how old it is aprox 5years
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ceaned filters and impeller is free
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 8 days ago.

Good morning,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please provide its make and complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
no label rating plate itsiQ300

OK, IQ300 is type of appliance and not the model number. Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps. You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out. Then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely. After this is done, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged. Then clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked. Reconnect everything and plug it back. Select any program, it should work however, if the problem occurs again you will have to replace the drain pump.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have done this, no water is coming out of drainage pipe
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 7 days ago.

OK so this indicates the drain pump is clogged. Can you unplug and pull it out ? Then remove the side and bottom off the appliance, towards the left you will see a plastic tank. Make sure that is clean and sump is not clogged. Then try again and let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How do you replace the pump

Please check this VIDEO to get an idea on how pump is replaced.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I think i will buy a new machine. Thank you

I understand, You're welcome and Good Luck.