KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Dyson cleaner, does not keep charge, p,urged into mains

Customer Question

Dyson cleaner, does not keep charge, p,urged into mains electricity
JA: Do you know the model of your Dyson vacuum? How old is it?
Customer: Dyson V6 bought March 2016
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dyson vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About three weeks, made absolutely sure it is not blocked although that usually means an intermittent use, the blue light comes on, goes off as though charged and the machine only lasts a couple of minutes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: cannot think of anything, have checked plug is in correctly
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 11 days ago.

Good morning,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Have you seen any flashing lights ?

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have just tried to use it, a couple of minutes and dead, back on charge blue light
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Happy to continue on line chat

This indicates either the charger is faulty and/or battery will need replacement. You may try this: Please leave it unplugged for few minutes. Then press and hold the ON button; whilst holding the ON button plug it back and let go the button after around 20 seconds. See if it works, if the issue is still there, I am afraid the battery pack and/or charger will need replacement. Usually the battery lasts for around 3-4 years. You may contact Dyson at 0800(###) ###-####to order the part.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Will try suggestions, thanks for your help

You're welcome and Good Luck.