Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

I believe my ignition switch is broken. The ignition stays

Customer Question

Hello Pearl. I believe my ignition switch is broken. The ignition stays on. How can I exchange the ignition switch? Where can I buy a new one in Cork Ireland?
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Cannon Stratford Lichfield 10932g
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2 days. I have cleaned all ignitions. It stops when a knife is put in the switch. And the switch seems broken because a a free spring
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have dismantled the cooker. Cleaned it. I found the battery at the back.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I was successful to remove the ignation switch. I have ordered a new one. So for the moment I am on the run to solve the problem. If I am not successful I will come back. Thank you.
Expert:  Darran Wilkins replied 14 days ago.
Hi there I'm darran I'm a domestic engineer Sorry about that I have been away for a while
It's your ignition harness guys that's requiring to
Be replaced these a very common to fail always sparking or a tiny spec of dirt gets in and stops it disengaging
Regards darran
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello Darran. What is the ignition harness guys? Can you send me a picture?
This harness is simply the wires connecting the ignitions switches for each ring it is a job unfortunately for an engineer as it requires opening the hob to acess under the rings it is not to bad a job for an engineer
Regards darran