canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I recently bought the Brother XJ1 from JB Sewing in Newport

Customer Question

I recently bought the Brother XJ1 from JB Sewing in Newport South Wales.
JA: How long have you had your XJ1?
Customer: I bought my machine in August, I believe, without looking for the receipt. Anyway my prob is that I would like to use My Design Snap, my device and XJ1 both have the same router data but my device says it cannot find a machine. What am I doing wrong, please.....Carol Davies
JA: The Network Technician will be able to walk you through that. Who makes your router?
Customer: My router is with Sky, if you want to call me my landline number is ***** 774321
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well,I reviewed the Brother help steps earlier and followed them, I believe, my selecting the WiFi rainbow to open the page to write in the Router password, and my device has been accessing that same router for a very long time without any issues, my laptop is also happy with the router
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Mmmm, not sure, this XJ1 is a bar more advanced machine to the V5 I previously owned
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Expert:  canuck the pro replied 6 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today.

You will remove your needle -plate, bobbin and bobbin case and clean that area out completely of any excess thread, lint or debris. You can do this with your brush that was provided, or simply use a tweezer. Once that is done, place a drop of sewing machine oil in the center of your shuttle ( metal piece holding bobbin and bobbin case ) Re assemble your bobbin area. Now, moving to the top. Un thread your machine and raise your presser foot so that your tension discs are open. Take a scrap piece of material and run it through your top tension back and forth in the pathway of the threading. This will remove any lint, debris or extra thread you have in there that is not allowing your top tension to close properly. Now rethread the machine making sure you are through your guides, take up lever and topp tension correctly. Before you are going through your needle keep gently pulling your thread while lowering your foot. You should feel the top tension beginning to grab your thread. If not, you are either in front of or behind your tension discs, so rethread it again. If that does not work then there may be thread around the take up area. Remove the face plate (cover on upper left end of the machine) Inside there you will see the connecting mechanism for the thread take-up. There will probably be thread wrapped around that, which will need to be cleaned out and the mechanism and lubricated.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have had a response from my Brother dealer thank you. Can you please arrange a refund of the £5 I paid for the answer abd free 7 day trial. I do not want the 7 day trial, or wait for an answer from you as I now have an answer to the problem.
Also, can you please ensure no further payments are taken from my account.Kind regards,........Carol Davies

I have no control over the financials nor do I have any knowledge of any financial agreements. Thank you for the update. I will forward to customer service.