KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

The machine has finished it’s cycle...beeping has stopped

Customer Question

Hi the machine has finished it’s cycle...beeping has stopped but the door won’t open..I’ve tried pulling the emergency release but nothing is happening
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Bosch Logixx 8 VarioPerfect about 10 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just happened...tried all I’ve mentioned in my first message
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Think I’ve told you everything
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 10 days ago.

Good afternoon,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please allow me a few minutes to check it's schematics and then type the answer.

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Please unplug the appliance and remove the bottom front flap. Keep some beach towels and shallow container under the filter. Then rotate the drain pump filter anti clockwise to open, clean it completely and make sure it is not clogged. Now, with your fingers check if impellor rotates. Then you will see a pull tab next to the filter, pull it to open the door. Now, reconnect everything and plug it back. Then try an empty wash cycle and if the error returns, I am afraid door lock is faulty and will need replacement. Please let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have already done all of that so what next?

Have you seen any error codes ?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No none
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Any more suggestions?

Can you give a good bang with back of your fist on the door two three times and see if it works. Have you tried wire or credit card as well to open it ?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Tried all of the above now...removed the handle & can see a metal bar but it won’t move even with pliers

Sorry what won't move with pliers ?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The metal bar I can see now that I’ve removed the handle

Have you removed the top off the appliance ? If not unplug it and remove the top off then use a coat hanger to pull the lock to open it.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’ve managed to bring the machine out but how do I take the top off?

Depending on the model number if it does not have any screws it may simply slide and then you can pull it out/

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Trying to remove screws just now

OK, please let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok, will do

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This is the view inside

Please check this VIDEO, if any of these won't help I am afraid you will have to pry it off to open it.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Had to force the door open. Thanks for trying to help

You're welcome and Good Luck. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.