Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a broken iron - DG8960 G0 Silence Steam, generator

Customer Question

I have a broken iron - DG8960 G0 Silence Steam, generator iron. I was wondering if you could help me get it fixed. Having looked on your website the registered fixers are too far away.
JA: What's the brand and model of your iron? How old is it?
Customer: Rowenta Silence Steam DG8960 G0 - exactly 5 years old
JA: What have you tried so far with your iron?
Customer: empltied the calc section & rinsed with clean water. Used the steam to blast any away from the soleplate - there was some scale evident but now seems to be gone. The iron was sending water out with the steam, this got worse the longer i used it & now the soleplate is cool & there is no steam = broken.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I live 5 miles away from Slough - near Maidenhead
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 16 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today. There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

I will just review your question and hopefully will be able to reply with the information you need.

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 16 days ago.

The pragmatic way forward is to send your steam iron to be serviced/repaired. The UK service centre contact details are as follows:

Staffords Ltd

Overbrook Court,
Overbrook Lane,
Knowsley Business Park

Liverpool, L34 9FB

Email address: *****@******.***

Tel: 0345(###) ###-####/strong>

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** this company online too & have sent it for mending.