Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

The front grey leaver is stuck in the open position and

Customer Question

Hi The front grey leaver is stuck in the open position and won't budge. Any idea how I can fix it
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Its 6 years old and not sure of the model
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 3 days ago and have taken the cassette in and out and seeing if there is any lodged in there
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just wandering if its mechanical. If so what should I do.
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 16 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today. There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

So that I can give you the right guidance, please let me know the make and exact model number of the appliance.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks for your reply. Its a Thetford 200c cassette toilet.
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 16 days ago.

It shouldn't be possible to remove the cassette while the blade lever is in the open position. This suggests that there has been a mechanical failure with the blade mechanism in the cassette, or with the actuating lever.

When you remove the cassette, is the blade open or closed?