KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

WE have a Neff Microwave model C17WRO1NOB and it has stopped

Customer Question

Hello. WE have a Neff Microwave model C17WRO1NOB and it has stopped working with the door closed. When we turn the power back on, it trips the RCB. Do you have any advice, please? is there any way that we can manually open the door? My name is*****: How old is your Neff microwave?
Customer: we registered it on 21/07/2017 we believe
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff microwave? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has happened a couple of times before over the last few months so we switch it off at the socket and leave it overnight and it starts again the following day. it has never tripped the power circuit before
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 10 days ago.

Good afternoon,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Have you seen any error codes/flashing lights ?

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No. It just stopped working and the display panel went blank
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I would rather do it by chat

OK Colin, so when you open the door does the power come back on and it goes blank only when you close the door ?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Kevin. The problem is that I cant turn the power back on as it just trips the power circuit. I have tried twice today. I can't open the door!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Are you still there, Kevin?

Sorry was away for few minutes. If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
OK

OK, I am afraid the latch is faulty and will need replacement. Please check this IMAGE (part#307) is the door latch. You may leave it unplugged for few hours and see if you are able to open the door. If not then you will have to unplug the appliance and remove the top off the microwave, then replace the latch. The part is available here for £90 + repair charges (£99 if you get it done by Neff).

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Kevin. How do we go about ordering this repair from Neff? Also, can you confirm that I shall not be charged £16 as we did not have a phone call, please

You may click on the above URL to order the part from Neff. I have not accepted the phone call so I think you will not be charged.