JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My dualit architect kettle will turn on but wont boil ot

Customer Question

my dualit architect kettle will turn on but wont boil ot heat up at all
JA: What's the brand and model of your kettle? How old is it?
Customer: Dualit architect
JA: How long has this been going on with your kettle? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ira a few years old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i cant seem to find anywhete to repair Not really
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
So with it turned on it just stays on but even after 5 minutes the water doesn't heat up?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
nothing happens, the inside doesnt even heat up
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
actually ive just tried it again and as soon as you put the kettle on the base its turns on - you dont even have to hit the switch which im sure wasnt the case befire... it stays lit up and the switch stays down like its been pressed on?!...
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
still it doesnt get hot of make a sound
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
the switch may be broken
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

You would need to strip the unit down and check if you have power going to the element using a multi meter.

Once you know if you have power going to the element you can be confident if the fault is with the element.

Should you have no power going to the element then you need to check the continuity across the switch to determine if its the switch or thermostat at fault.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!