Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a bosch classic 7 tumble dryer I’m changing the belt

Customer Question

Hi I have a bosch classic 7 tumble dryer I’m changing the belt as it’s smaller I’ve followed a couple of videos but can’t seem to get the front panel off so then enable to slide the belt over
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch dryer? How old is it?
Customer: It’s a wte84106gb about 10 years old maybe
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s defo the belt as when I took the top and side panels off I could do the snapper belt
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no that’s it just need to know how to take the front off
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
How do you take the front off the machine please
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

Page 26 of the COMPLETE SERVICE MANUAL attached shows how the front comes off. :-)

Please know you may post back at any time should you need further assistance or have follow up questions. I am always happy to help!

Thank you so much! We at Just Answer appreciate you!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Great stuff thank you is that the best way to put the new belt on
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

Yes, and if you are that far into it, I would complete a full cleaning while you have it apart. It will likely save a future trouble! :)

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It still seems to be stuck near the bottom I don’t want to be to heavy handed with it and break something is there any screws which are hidden away ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

Did you remove the two at the very bottom of the front panel?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yep
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

There are two at the very bottom, two at the bottom of the condenser area and the ones at the filter. Did you take all 6 out?

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

Actually, there are 7, three in the condenser area.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yeah think so condense area is all stripped out
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

It may just be stuck on fluff build up then. If you got all 7 out as well as the lock screw then it should come loose.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Seems stiff in the middle all sides are loose
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

Did you take the door and door seal off?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
that’s all off it looks like it should just pull off now I really can’t see any more fixings
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

There shouldn't be any. Does it look like there is a lot of fluff built up inside?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Not to bad to be honest we are quiet good at keeping it clean and filters clear
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

Hmm, I am not sure what would be holding it up then, unless a wiring harness may be tethered to it on the sides.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok I’ll keep looking just in case I’ve not spotted something but it’s a bit like a Skelton now not much left of it
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

Yeah, once the sides and top are off there is not much left!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Well I’ve managed to prise it apart to get the belt through so that’s done it thanks for your help
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

That is great news, very well done! :0)

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi mate I have the new belt now and it’s around the new drum not sure how to attach this to the pulley looks to long any idea
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
See attached photo
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 days ago.

Looking at that angle, the smooth side of the belt goes around the pulley on the right so that the grooved side will go on the motor shaft. See the video at the link below at about the 2:15 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=ddC10vA6EpI

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 days ago.

Hello, I am just following up to see how things were going. How else may I help with this issue?