Gery66
Gery66,
101431949

I'm using the ESAM 4000. The light for "ground container

Customer Question

I'm using the ESAM 4000. The light for "ground container full" comes already after 3 time coffee making
JA: What's the brand and model of your lighting? How old is it?
Customer: Delonghi Magnifica ESAM 4000. roughly 8 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Delonghi lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the cycle has shortened over the last weeks. Latest feedback from Delonghi Service Center manila was to remove the container, clean and wait several minutes. Which obviously did not work.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no. Simply solve my problem :-)
Expert:  Gery66 replied 10 days ago.

Dear Customer,
thank you for your inquiry at JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I try to help you to find a solution for the problem, which is annoying, I understand.
Have you also cleaned the sensor? It may be that the sensor switch has a dirty contact on one side. Cleaning the contact will fix this problem. This is a very fiddly fix working on very small components. I used a magnifier and small tools. Access the switch through bottom panel. Let me know if it worked, thanks in advance.

Of course, I am always happy to help you anytime!

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Best regards.
Your's Gery

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Appreciate for more detailed description how to reach/clean the sensor
Expert:  Gery66 replied 10 days ago.

Sorry, it's not a sensor it's a switch - which the nose on the waste container operated - is probably stuck, so it no longer switches. On the professional machines, the microswitch could mostly be easily replaced or cleaned. Or else, the nose has broken off.

I have attached a pic that you can see what I mean (the nose is marked red).

Best regards.

Gery

Expert:  Gery66 replied 10 days ago.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that what is meant is the red marked nose.A clear "click" must be heard when inserting.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. But there is no such nose on the coffee container in my coffee maker. I'm talking about the Delonghi Magnifica ESAM 4000/4200. Not to be misunderstand. The coffee container is recognized. It's just the "full light" coming on after 3 loads already.
Expert:  Gery66 replied 10 days ago.

Okay, thanks for the info. I will further look what I can find to help you. I am back in a few minutes!

Expert:  Gery66 replied 10 days ago.

Presumably damp? Possibly if the microswitch for the grounds container got damp, we have had it several times. Should then be ok again tomorrow. And if not unscrew the base plate, remove the switch (on the left) and test it. Possibly, put it another day on the heater or replace it then.

Best regards.

Gery

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thx. Will try tomorrow
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry. But I have to ask again: the switch is detecting whether the container is in place or not. Correct? How does it work tho detect whether the container is full?
Expert:  Gery66 replied 10 days ago.

Dear Customer,

no need for sorry, I am here to answer your questions. Yes, you are right the switch is detecting if the container is in place or not.

The machine counts how many coffees have been prepared and then outputs the message or the lamp lights up.

Best regards.

Gery

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thx. So the issue here is wrong counting. How to reset the counting?
Expert:  Gery66 replied 10 days ago.

Dear Customer,

you can try to perform a reset by performing the following procedure:

Disconnect the DeLonghi Magnifica coffee machine from the power supply. So pull the plug out of the socket. Press the "On / Off", "One Cup" and "Two Cups" buttons at the same time and plug the fully automatic machine back into the socket. Release the buttons as soon as the indicators for one cup, two cups and steam flash at the same time. The DeLonghi coffee machine then performs the reset. When this is finished, this is indicated by the LEDs no longer flashing.

If this also doesn't help, I am afraid that you have a faulty control board.

Best regards.

Gery

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Gery. Did the reset this morning as recommended. Now have to monitor the performance over the next days.
Expert:  Gery66 replied 8 days ago.

Dear Customer,

okay, thanks for the info. Keep me updated please, thank you!

Best regards.

Gery

Expert:  Gery66 replied 5 days ago.

Dear customer,
as I have not heard from you since a while, do you still need help or further information?
I am here for you off course, let me know please.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
Your's Gery

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Too early for final feedback. Need more time
Expert:  Gery66 replied 5 days ago.

Okay, thanks for the info, I just wanted follow-up as we at JA take care off our customers!
Best regards.

Your's Gery

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Gery. The reset of the coffee maker was NOT successful. The red light came already after 2 coffee shots. It's off again simply by removing and putting back the ground coffee container.
Expert:  Gery66 replied 4 days ago.

Dear Customer,

thanks for the info. So if you remove the container the light is off and on again after putting back the ground container?

Best regards.

Gery

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The light stays off after removing and replacing the coffee container. But I don't know for how long it will stay off.
Expert:  Gery66 replied 3 days ago.

Okay, thanks for the info. Keep me updated please, thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Gery