KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My Siemens microwave oven seems to be broken - it switches

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My Siemens microwave oven seems to be broken - it switches off after about 3 seconds
JA: Do you know the model of your Siemens microwave? How old is it?
Customer: It must be about 6/7 years old at least Do you mean the En-r number?
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens microwave? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has been going on for about one day
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have tried turning it on and off at the mains but doesnt work
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 6 days ago.

Good morning,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please provide its complete model number (starts with E nr, from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
E-Nr: HB84E562B/03

Thank you for the model number. If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thank you

Does it turn off after few seconds even when you select convection or grill ?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Let me check now
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The oven and grill don't even work

Thank you. This indicates an issue with the High voltage circuit of the appliance. I believe the magnetron is faulty and will need replacement. When you turn on the Microwave it starts and then magnetron kicks in however, if control detects magnetron has not started to heat it will turn itself off or even trip the circuit. When magnetron is faulty usually the Invert board is replaced as well. The parts are available for £121 (Magnetron)+ £127 (Power module) +repair charges (£99 if you book Siemens). Looking at the age of this appliance and cost of repair, it is better to buy new one then to spend this amount on repairs. Sorry about the bad news.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.