KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a CDA intergrated tumble dryer C19201N, which has

Customer Question

Hi, I have a CDA intergrated tumble dryer C19201N, which has stopped working. Not sure if its a reset switch or if the top catch on the door is faulty as the door seems slightly open at the top but even when held in does not staert. The filter and air vent are clear, Barry
JA: How old is your dryer? Is the door switch working properly?
Customer: purchased in 2012, the door switch does lock
JA: How long has this been going on with your dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just yesterday, I used it then my daughter could not
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have checked the plug and fuse but cannot think of anything else, I watched a video that suggested a reset button
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 8 days ago.

Good morning,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Yes you will have to unplug the appliance and then remove the rear cover. You will then see a red reset button, press it and see if it clicks. Then try again and please let me know how it goes.

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The red reset button is on the back og the appliance, did not need to remove the back panel, I did try to remove the panel but it is attached to the drum. I pressed the button but no click, I tried to turn the tumble dryer on again but still not working

OK Barry, so you close the door lights come on however, it will not start at all ?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
There are no lights
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
does not start at all

OK, if it won't start at all I believe it is the timer control that is faulty and will need replacement. You may unplug it and pull it out then remove the back cover. Test the heating element and thermostats, if they test fine replace the timer control.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thanks

You're welcome and Good Luck. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.