KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a NEFF hob which is showing a backwards 9 when turned

Customer Question

Hi. I have a NEFF hob which is showing a backwards 9 when turned on. I understand this is an electronics fault and have isolated the unit and turned it off but that has not solved the issue. should I just buy a new one or can it be fixed?
JA: What happened just before your Neff hob displayed this message?
Customer: we used it in the morning and when we tried to use it for lunch we then had this error
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: a few days. Have been turning off the electricity to the hob (including switching the master switch for the house) but it comes back after about 20 seconds
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 12 days ago.

Good morning,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please provide complete model number for your Neff hob, how old is it ?

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It is E-No. T41B30X2/01. I think it is about 8 years old
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No. Please do not call me for £16. Can you just answer the question?

Thank you for the model number. Do you see a number as well ? Backwards 9 and 3 or something else ?

Yes as advised earlier: I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat. Those are automated adverts sent by the website and not by me.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Where you would usually see the number for heat level it is now a backward 9. It doesn’t doanother number
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It is 4 backward 9s

Thank you. If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

Please try this: Leave it unplugged for around 15 minutes, then press and hold the START button (main switch on the hob) and the b button together. Keep them held in and plug it back, let go off these buttons after around 15 seconds. Please let me know if the appliance will reset.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok. Will do that when I am back from work. Thank you for your help.

OK, if that won't help then I am afraid main control board is faulty and will need replacement. You're welcome and Good Luck. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask!I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.