KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My mum has a LG TV and all of a sudden is experiencing

Customer Question

Hi. My mum has a LG TV and all of a sudden is experiencing horizontal lines and static noise, but just on 4 channels. How can I fix it for her?
JA: Do you know the model of your LG appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Mmmm I don’t at present....it’s about 2 years old and about 40’’
JA: How long has this been going on with your LG appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2 weeks...... I have unplugged, I have retuned again on Auto tune a d turned off every other device in her home, but to no avail.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 7 days ago.

Good morning,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please provide its complete model number.

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
43LJ5694V

Thank you for the model number. If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

You may CLICK HERE and follow the steps to factory reset the TV. However, if the problem is still there then leave it completely unplugged for around 4 hours and it should solve the issue. If the issue is still there then I am afraid the problem is either with cable and/or main board that is faulty and will need replacement.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.