KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My siemens washing machine has stopped working and is

Customer Question

My siemens washing machine has stopped working and is tripping my electrics when turned on. What could the fault be?
JA: How old is your Siemens washer? Have you checked if the drain hose is clogged?
Customer: its probably about 10 years old. I will check the drain hose, but it was draining fine previuosly
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it happened suddenly, you cannot plug it in without it tripping the fuse board. It was part way through a cycle atthe time. I have opened the door and removed the clothes, but there is still some water in the drum
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I will look this up once I get back home

OK, no problem. When you get back home please try this: Unplug the appliance and remove the bottom front flap. Keep some beach towels and shallow container under the filter. Then rotate the drain pump filter anti clockwise to open, clean it completely and make sure it is not clogged. Now, with your fingers check if impellor rotates, then reconnect everything and plug it back. Then try any program however, if it trips again I am afraid you will have to replace the heating element and/or control board.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.