Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Everytime I switch my washing machine on it trips the

Customer Question

Everytime I switch my washing machine on it trips the switch. All electrics sockets have been checked
JA: Is your washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: Front loading and is about 12 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since Friday. Had all electric sockets tested and had a new circuit board fitted
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding. Telephone service is provided automatically by the system, so you only have to accept it when you need it. Unfortunately I can't make a phone call, but if you wish, another expert could do it for you. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.

I hope you are doing very well morally and healthily. I am sorry you faced this problem!

If the device triggers the fuse as soon as it is switched on, then the control board is defective to 90%. Did you have a short circuit at home before?

Please do not hesitate to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!

Best regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
would a washing machine repair person be able to correct this or do I have to buy a new washing machine
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 14 days ago.

The repair would cost between 100-200 pounds depending on the defective component and service company. It is an older unit. Other components may also break soon. I would recommend that you invest your money in a new unit.